Your weekly link digest:
- Rolling Stone‘s interview with Gen. Stanley McChrystal: The interview that started it all.
- Firing McChrystal: Weighing the Risks: Andrew Exum’s excellent blogpost weighed in on the pros and cons of sacking McChrystal.
- Net Assessment in Defence Policy: Dhruva Jaishankar draws attention to the need for a net assessment of India’s defense policy.
- Holding the Conversation: Pranab Samanta argues in favor of a comprehensive engagement strategy with Pakistan, and one that includes all stakeholders in Pakistan, and those external.
- Prospects of Global Defence Export Industry in Indian Defence Market: Deloitte’s paper, presented to the Confederation of Indian Industry. ( PDF; h/t @muladhara)
- Bewildering in Asia: Rory Medcalf reviews ousted Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd’s foreign policy failures in Asia.
- Arbitration & Kishenganga Project: Ramaswamy Iyer sets the expectations for the Neutral Expert’s arbitration on the Kishenganga Project.