Hate to say this, but I knew this was coming. Over 60 dead, 150+ injured. This is an unfortunate price that India pays for being in the neighborhood that it is in. There are gasses in the Sun that are more stable than the political environment in South Asia. Every time there’s a change-of-guard in Pakistan, India bears the brunt of some attack or the other. Now, there’s every possibility of course that this could have been the work of home-grown millitants. Certainly, the Indian government apparatus made itself no friends with it’s wanton turn-a-blind-eye approach to Gujarat. But if there isn’t any correlation between political disturbances in Pakistan and civilian attacks in India, then it’s one heck of a coincidence.I saw this coming. The print media in Pakistan, which comprises largely of mouth-pieces of the government, tends to unintentionally betray the the establishment’s thought processes. There has been a steady increase in the number of “Kashmir independence” related articles and general anti-India propaganda on Pakistani news websites – certainly the largest battery of news articles and op-eds on the subject since the 2005 peace agreement. Of course, there have always been the usual venom spewing op-eds from Shireen Mazari, but that’s just Shireen being the fire breathing old dragon that she is, and I’m not one to take her petulant diatribes seriously.
Tag Archives | India
- Explaining Hafiz Saeed’s recent engagements April 24, 2016
- Urdunama: RAWalpindi May 8, 2015
- A chip in every militant March 11, 2015
- Pakistan’s sophistry on Jamaat ud-Dawah January 19, 2015
- A Statement of Intent September 30, 2014
- The day after Mumbai July 13, 2011
- Pune terror attacks February 13, 2010
- Urdunama: Hafiz Mian March 6, 2012
- Pakistan’s Mojo February 8, 2010
- …and then there was fire April 19, 2012
- Archives of the Old Wonk | Old Wonk: [...] Do we care about privacy? [...]...
- Store in India! Part II | The Broad Mind: [...] Data Intermediaries are those body corporat...
- Store in India | The Broad Mind: [...] rely heavily on lawful interception towards ...
- Urdunama: Alvida, Manmohan Singh | The Filter Coffee: [...] having been the source of a well-directed pl...
- Storytelling in New York | The Filter Coffee: [...] in August, five Indian soldiers were killed ...
26/11 abbottabad Afghanistan Al Qaeda ausaf Barack Obama bjp China congress cricket egypt hafiz saeed hillary clinton India Indian Army Iran isi islamabad israel jang Kashmir kayani Lahore Lashkar-e-Taiba let Manmohan Singh Mumbai NATO new delhi nuclear nuclear deal nuclear weapons Obama osama bin laden Pakistan Pragati raw Russia Saudi Arabia taliban Terrorism United States UPA Urdunama US